Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday 28 September 2021

Yes, I know - figures are boring, boring boring.....

but if you've been paying attention, you'll know that at my ripe old age of 😜 I didn't know how to convert a document to JPeg acceptable to blogging, so omitted it from my last post.....enter my knight in shining armour - Parish Chair who showed me just what to do. So here are the stats from the SID - (Speed Indicator Devices) installed in Shrewton during part July to August Bank holiday so you know I wasn't telling.... 

So! in chronological order with top speeds on the far right: 

Meadway, Shrewton 21st to 28th July - both directions - 
So I don't bore you, I show here 2 of the 20 pages with 41,151 vehicle numbers and a 
top speed of 68 miles per hour!



A360 Shrewton direction of Chittern 11th to 15th August both directions
2 of the 13 pages are shown with vehicle numbers of 40,429 and please note the 
top speed of 99 miles per hour!!! 


London Road Shrewton 27th to 29th August - Bank Holiday in both directions.
2 pages of just 7 with vehicle numbers of 9854..... ah! "things are improving" I hear you say but..... 
this figure is low and I hope you guys are keeping up here because, as I explained in the previous post....the batteries ran out of the SID half way through the 29th - at 12.30 pm with a further 36 hours to go....you do the maths of what may have been, but I think we can add a further 4900....what say you?!
Top speed of 69 miles per hour! 


To conclude, I'm going for 96,300 vehicles in 17 days on roads no more than 6 meters wide in places and  8 meters at their widest.  These are roads not suitable for quantity traffic and anyway, the residents of Shrewton didn't sign up for this when we decided to live in this village on Salisbury Plain.  Now, because nothing has been done to fix the A303, we regularly experience speeding, anti social behavior, bad tempers, traffic fumes, litter thrown from vehicles not to mention the danger to residents.
So! I'm hoping you're getting the message here.....more especially....
this lot: https://stonehengealliance.org.uk/ who continually say they want "NO further damage to The World Heritage Site" and that "nothing should be done to fix the A303 at Stonehenge" and "we must make more effort to get people out of their cars!"....Since the present A303 runs right through the World Heritage Site, does that mean it should  remain as is, with all it's traffic in full view from the Monument for all to see.....exactly what do they want????!!! and are they willing to find common ground with the powers that be?.....I think not!




 

No comments: