Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday 31 May 2023

A303 Stonehenge Project.....nothing!!!

Sadly, there has been very little or nothing to post for a while, but on the 19th, I did muster up some effort and wrote to National Highways, to which I received a reply via a telephone call from Hollie who has taken over as Senior Communications Engagement Manager, and whom we already know from before.   

Today, I also received a response from DFT: Department for Transport which I have copied after my letter.... and so we soldier on.....putting up with the traffic which just gets worse and worse!!!

My letter....

"STONEHENGE A303 PROJECT

19/05/2023

To: info@nationalhighways.co.uk

cc Ben Jakes; Mark Harper MP Secretary of State for Transport

Good afternoon,

Firstly, I would like David Bullock to get sight of this e-mail because I am no longer sure who to write to, now that our previous contact has left National Highways and moved on.

As you are aware, I keep local people and others around the world, updated via my blog about the campaign to fix the A303 past Stonehenge.  STAG: Stonehenge Traffic Action Group and here is just one of the 281 posts https://staga303.blogspot.com/2022/12/that-long-journey-also-produces.html

Back in January, at the last A303 Forum, we were told by David that an announcement was “imminent” and now we would certainly like an update on the project for the A303 at Stonehenge to allow me to update local people.

I purposely attended a coffee morning in Salisbury on 29th April, where our MP John Glen, a close supporter of the Project, was to be in attendance and open to questions from those at the table. John already knew what my question would be, and I was dismayed to learn from him, that the DCO (Development Consent Order) was to be “re visited”!   I understood that this was already taking place albeit delayed for some reason that I am not aware off.

Sadly, and not your concern, John Glen also informed us that he will cease to be our MP come July of this year when boundaries are changed and our part of Wiltshire will be moved away from Salisbury and put along with Devizes, making Danny Kruger our MP.   With NO disrespect to Danny, he will not have the same knowledge as John about our predicament here in Shrewton and RAT RUNNING to avoid queues on the Stonehenge section of the A303 where our village is just 2 miles away, and will not therefore, be as inclined to promote the project on our behalf.

This is all very depressing for those travelling to the West Country, not to mention the delay in increasing the economy to the West, but also my mental health has suffered as a result of the delay in information, having created the campaign almost 10 years ago and not a spade struck!

Your sincerely

Janice Hassett

STAG: Stonehenge Traffic Action Group

Tel: 07928 645281"

 Sent from Mail for Windows

And the reply from DFT...




No comments: